Sunday, June 14, 2009

AHhhhhh summer is in the air...

I am so happy... SUMMER is in the air and the weather has turned LOVELY, warm, and perfect! I started this post in the Spring... and it was actually titled SPRING is in the air... but alas life happens and time happens. This post originally started for explaining our new garden in front... but my girls amaze me and are making me smile this hot day - so I will talk of my gorgeous gals.

I am very excited that summer is finally here. We have been out of school for a week and it seems like longer - but it is so nice. The girlies and I have been doing some fun activities... swimming, beaching, playing games, having friends over, shopping, reading, and of course the normal tv&computer games (sometimes a necessary evil). But all-in-all it's been "delicious". Yep I love that word. It can be used to describe so many things - edible and non-!

I look at my blossoming girls and they are most definitely DELICIOUS! AH I cannot get enough of them.

Kyky is just growing up too fast - 9 going on 15... she wants to be so independent yet is pretty attached to her mommy and daddy. She reads and reads and cannot get enough. She is so much like her momma it is not even funny! We clash at times because we are so alike - but don't all mommies and daughters? I see her sleeping and think I haven't told her enough how much I love her... she still has her violet eyelids she had as a baby - but she's not a baby anymore. She is so long and elegant. So beautiful. She is very intelligent and it is so intriguing to hear how her mind works and get in to our nightly "pillow/snuggle" talks. She amazes me every day with her sentimental, caring, intelligent thoughts. She is definitely one-in-a-million.






BooBooBear well she is just scrumptious. I think she must be going through a growth spurt as she is eating everything under the sun and getting that BooBoo belly again which I just want to tickle- I love it. She is very concerned about being away from "Mame" (pronounced mommy). She is so attached to me right now it is so completely endearing.
Her nightly summer routine right now:
"Mame can you snuggle?" (sometimes the answer is yes and sometimes not until after ____ chore or dinner or spending time with my honey)
"Well come in RIGHT when you are done" (ok sweetie) "RIGHT when you are done... no talking... no tv... no waiting... RIGHT when you are done" (yes BooBoo I promise)
"Goooodnight Mame" (goodnight booboobear)
"I love you" (I love you too)
"Goooodnight Mame" "I love you" (I love you too)(goodnight booboobear)
***Repeated at least three times***
"Mame... can I have one more kiss and hug" (of course Booboo)
"Goooodnight Mame" "I love you" (I love you too)(goodnight booboobear)
***repeated again at least three times***

At times I could get frustrated... she has to be with me ALL-THE-TIME... but I just find myself falling in love with them over and over and over again. I could eat them both up - again with the DELICIOUS adjective! Or how about delectable or luscious. Oh I love summer... I LOVE being with my girls. I love the laissez-fair atmosphere. I love plans and also having no plans...

Now it's time to go plant our new front garden with my wonderful little helpers! I think I will take some more photos... they grow so fast (the kiddos most definitely)!

1 comment:

  1. I could certainly eat them up too! My goodness but I miss you all. I have to get out there to see you soon! Give them sweet kisses for me. Maybe I'll try to be better about calling... it was so fun to talk to them both yesterday. They keep growing up!

    ReplyDelete