Monday, June 22, 2009

So many homemade lovely things out there...

I have been truly enjoying perusing through blogs and websites seeing what is out there. I have been blessed enough to be "crafty" but never dreamed of "channeling" my crafts to showcase or make a little extra income for my family. Looking through many sites I now know I CAN do this...and in fact I have!!! I have started a small company (oooo that sounds sooo formal...) with a good friend of mine - with CLAY! We do hand and footprints in clay to make an heirloom quality gift or keepsake!! I just love it! Working with clay is my passion and love and now I also get to work with kiddos! Best of both worlds! We even have a website http://www.firstimpressionsceramics.com/ !! Pretty soon I will also be putting up some of my personal work to show or sell - for now here on this blog!! So stay tuned. I am completely fascinated with homemade gifts and homemade art! I am truly inspired by what I see out there!


Recently several people have told me to check out http://www.etsy.com/ - a site designed for homemade/artisitic items. They wanted me to see the homemade wonderful crafts/items and also to check and see if I might at some point be able to sell some of my pottery/ceramic items on Etsy. So I have checked it out... and now I have to say I am OBSESSED... ok that's a strong word... but I truly, truly, truly love getting their e-mails about items of the week and then doing some random searches!!! Some of my favorite searches are of course pottery/ceramics, but also vintage fabric, vintage looking aprons, soaps, beading, ok well you get the idea!

I found this neat site SugarPieChic - all about the vintage aprons and such. I read her site and she is featured as a giveaway on another site - Rainbowswirlz.
This site is pretty darn neat. There are lots of things to look at and explore!! If you want a nice apron... for free... you can sign-up to win it! It's so cute!! The giveaway for this apron ends June 24th! http://rainbowswirlz.blogspot.com/2009/06/sugarpiechic-giveaway-june-18th-24th.html.



I am truly inspired by all the lovely homemade things I have been seeing! Now if I could just organize myself enough to get some of my things listed...

1 comment:

  1. Okay Kymmie, this is just too spooky! My good friend and I were just talking about getting crafty and making some extra money to boot... guess its the Universe's (God's) way of kicking me upside the head and saying "Duh, get going with the talents you were given girl!" I'm so thrilled for you and your creativity. Wish I was there to share it with you in person! You go girl! I'm proud of you! xoxox

    ReplyDelete