Wednesday, May 12, 2010

O Boy, O Boy, O Boy

mustard palette

I am getting so excited for this project... the material came in the mail on Monday afternoon... IT'S SOoooooooo gorgeous! The Patty Young fabric is so pretty and sweet! And everything upon first view looks like it wouldn't go... but when you really look - all the colors are just perfect! The mustard palette will be PERFECT for Boo's (Juliet) top (above) and the raspberry palette will be Ky's (Juliet corset) top. Now I am just trying to pick which fabric will go where (the top is very "patchworky" - yes I know that's not a word! hahaha).




raspberry palette

I started the pattern... when I opened it last night - I just started to laugh! WHAT DID I GET MYSELF into? Seriously! So I called my lifeline and said exactly that and "MOM... it's ALL GREEK...seriously!!!!". But I believe I am starting to comprehend what some of what it is saying. I still have no clue what CONTRAST such-in-such means... but hopefully by tonight I will get that too! I also just figured out which fabric is going to go with which piece on the dress. Now THAT was fun! Ky and I worked together on Boo's fabric so she got to tell me what she thought would be best etc... FUN FUN FUN!!! I think she likes helping out "design" the top. After all she chose the patterns (after I selected the designer)... and she chose the same ones I had thought would be PERFECT - (whew!)!

Here's the pattern pieces all cut out... holy smokes... it's still a bit Greek to me!!!













O Boy, O Boy, O Boy!! I am really excited about this project!
I better get cutting out the fabric...

1 comment:

  1. I really love the raspberry palette! And I believe in you. You. Will. TRIUMPH!

    ReplyDelete