Friday, June 17, 2011

DY. NO. MITE!

So far this trip has been good...no actually for the most part it's been really good! Sure there were some not-so-nice times (funeral, rain, tiredness... to name a few) but the good are outweighing the not great times.

Today I wish I was a millionaire for sure... we were in Rockland, ME and Camden, ME and the shopping was to-die-for - yes, yes it was!! I pretty much figured out - I could easily deck our home up here (whenever it is built) just by shopping in antique stores and a few shops in Camden!! OH WAIT... my house is already filled with antiques... BUT for the most part I was a good girl while shopping - today. I reeeeeeaaalllllyy wanted these but Mr. Safety Man was not thrilled that they had no arch support (since I was limping my way through the sights today. Oooooo I think I will have to get my way on getting them. HOW CUTE ARE THEY?! The deal is - (I may have changed it a bit) - if I go to a podiatrist I can get the shoes. But I don't think he'll agree that that was the deal.

After shopping... we went to one of the most special places for me and my Safety Man... right outside of Camden - Mount Battie. This is where 18 years ago - October 23rd-  he asked me to marry him. Say it with me now.... Aaaaaaa! It was a gorgeous site and he put such thought in to it... Overlooking Camden Harbor, full Maine fall foliage, on our own personal rock at the top of the mountain. It was a lot of fun to bring the girls there and let them see "our spot", play in the little castle turret, and explore.

We are going, going, going... on this vacation... so I think to close I'm just going to post a bunch of photos from the first few days of our trip and will come back with some great prose on our trip...another time!!

ENJOY!
Our lot is on the left

Marriner family on our lot
Aunt Kiki's new home - ALMOST done!

This is what SOLD it for us... HUGE rock!!


Aunt Kiki's lot... kiddos found a fun place

I LOVE the old sign... original grocery sign - now just a little shop - BEST Maine Italian  (not like ANYWHERE else)

Our lot view from the road

Our lot view from up the road a bit further
LOTS AND LOTS AND LOTS more photos... or at least good stories! Mount Battie photos as soon as I can upload...

1 comment:

  1. Good for you. You guys deserve this. You do realize your girls are Floridians though, right?! :)

    ReplyDelete