Thursday, June 2, 2011

Foggy Fast Forward

So I haven't been writing like I should... I wanted to write so many times - but it just seems like the last few weeks have been a blur no matter how I am trying to slow them down... First I've been sick with a bad head cold for 5 days. THAT IS UNHEARD OF for me... I HATE being sick and I actually have slept 2 mornings COMPLETELY away. I feel like I am looking through life right now through a foggy veil of haziness. It's all I can do just to focus. Also it the end of the year activities with the school. Both girls have had a lot going on... a lot of helping at the school, end of year class trips, school plays, school luncheons, school, school, school!! The hardest part my Sweetpea's coming to an end of her elementary school career... it's super hard to imagine her heading off to middle school (6th grade) next Fal - so hard it brings tears - stinging my eyes. How fast these years have flown by? I am trying to make a dress for her for her "graduation" next Thursday and I have to add FIVE inches to the dress! ARE YOU KIDDING ME? FIVE inches? When did my lil' baby girl get to be so big?

I've been working on outfits for the summer for the girls... especially after Sweetpea said to me "Mommy you've made so many things for other people... you haven't made ME anyyyyyything in a lonnnnng time"... well time to put my babies FIRST on my list... after all THEY are why I am staying home... and THEY are my very top priority... AND THEY are the loves of my life! Sooooo outfits we started - I used Jona G's (from Fabritopia) patterns - EVELYN skirt for the girls.
Take a gander at these beaut's (if I do say so myself - although the girls' smiles speak wonders as well)...
BooBooBear's skirt and tank top made with Riley Blake's Summer Song complete with homemade tree applique

ABSOLUTELY love this photo...

And the back...

Sweetpea's skirt made with Dena Design fabric and apron in Heather Bailey 

Loving her outfit...

We LOVE the birdies on the fabric!

Here's her tank top with our homemade birdie applique! LOVING the cap sleeves! A cute modest touch!
And now am working on dresses for each of the girls!
I love sewing for them... I am happy and sad of the changes... it just seems to me that life has suddenly been put on this crazy Fast Forward. It just seems that time keeps on marching by... despite the fact that I want it to slow down, to make a still shot of these moments, to let me relish this time with my girlies...

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful...the outfits, the girls. They're all beautiful. I need to come see you all. :( I miss you terribly. LOVE you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for following me and thank you for being my 60th follower! I just had to return the favor! Your Etsy shop is adorable!

    ReplyDelete