Thursday, February 23, 2012

I wanna RUN!

It's that time again. The sun is starting to be warmer on my skin. The days are starting to stretch out. Our Live Oak has millions I'd bright green NEW growth leaves. My roses are blooming. I am dying to get outside & really start moving. Get those projects done. Soak up the Vitamin D I want to get this body healthy again. I have started the long road--I went Gluten Free on October 31st, 2011. It was an incredibly HARD thing to do. But through huge encouragement from one of my closest friends & harsh encouragement from my Dr... I did it. And I don't think I will ever go back. Sure I miss bread occasionally or having to ask or research GF recipes/ingredients/if something IS actually GF can be a pain...but I know it's better for my body. But on top of eating better and smarter for me... I want to get outside and... RUN RUN RUN RRRRRRUUUUUUNNNNN! I really miss it. I miss the quietness that comes over me. I miss that alone time I was getting. I miss solving the worlds problems in my head. I miss how it made me feel and the exercise it gave to get my physical self healthier. After the spinal surgery it took SO LONG to recupe...running makes me feel & see how far I've come from (not walking). Why can't I get out there? Nope it's not weather, nor lack of ambition... Just pain. Apparently I did something to my right heel after my 5K in October and it's not healed right or at all. So it's off to the Podiatrist... I just have to get there...
I can at least sit outside & get some of that beautiful sunshine on my skin... For Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment