Thursday, August 13, 2009

Snuggles...

I just love this word. I love how it makes me feel. I love snuggling. I love how my kids love snuggling.

Snuggles. or as Boo says it ... Snawguls.

"Momma snawguls?" Every night before the girls go to sleep. Even my Kyky asks still. I love it. I love lying down next to them and putting my arm around them. They shift... they turn towards me or scoot closer to me. They move their little heads like kittens towards their Momma. Finding that just comfy place.... and then...

We soul sigh. Mommy and child fitting together like a perfect piece of a puzzle. Mommy and child - a bond that will never cease or break or bend. It's always there... always waiting for that next snuggle. It's a gift from God. I truly feel so close to my girls when we snuggle together. And those precious moments in time are when my girls really open up to me. They share everything during "snuggle time": expectations, sadness, boldness, gossip (as much as a 5 and 9 yr old gossip - and we don't condone gossip... but it's so darn cute to hear classroom dramas), hopes, dreams, happiness, and fear. But mostly snuggle time is thanking God for our blessings, and sharing our love. It's so awe-some - in the true sense of the word. Just snuggling... just wonderful.

I read recently a comment on a recent blog that poo-pooed the word snuggle. "Don't you hate that word?". Like it meant something so x-rated, something evil or bad. I just don't get it. Snuggling is something so pure in our family. Heck I look fwd to when my mom comes tomorrow so I can sit next to her and just snuggle against her. So I can get close to my dad and just snuggle up in one of his great bear hugs... SNUGGGGGGGGGGGGGLING. It's the best form of loving I can imagine.

When I read to my little ones... I just feel this calmness come over me when they get close to me and snuggle up to me. If they don't come and get close I feel something is not right and it's hard to concentrate on reading. I think that my love of snuggling is a gift... I learned it from such fantastic, loving, blessed, family members... I just hope that I can continue to share it with my loved ones for a long, long, LONG time to come... there is nothing greater than sitting with your grandma and snuggling up for one of her tales...

Can I please do that in the years to come?

Snawguls.

It's just what we do.

We are snugglers and I have two of the greatest snugglers in the whole wide world!
How can you go wrong with snuggling? I wonder where my girls learned it from? Geeeee I wonder?? Now THAT'S a good legacy I think...
Musing on getting some snawguls from my girls tonight before I finally rest this weary head...

No comments:

Post a Comment