Sunday, October 4, 2009

I made it...

I made it. I made it through surgery. This is the worst pain ever. I am not happy. Mentally I do feel better. Physically I am dying... slowly. I feel like I can still feel them working on me... creepy. I cry daily...sometimes several times - not a "regular" thing for me so it's hard. I feel so helpless.

My daughter screamed today and I couldn't come running... couldn't even come walking... just lied there trying to get Chris to go... hard Mommy moment.

I will have better posts. I promise. I am only 4 days Post-Op. But I wanted to say each day is a smidge better. O, but the mountain I have to climb, it is so unreal. I have been crying to God. Whining I guess. Which just makes me mad and humbled. God is so great. He does abide and is so full of love. I am so blessed to be walking again, to have this opportunity- this chance to be free from pain. I just have trouble seeing that thru this cloud of pain. I feel kinda alone. I feel a bit secluded that I am "putting people out". I DETEST asking for help - not because I don't appreciate it... it's just hard. I am a giver... and everyone has been wonderful. I have gotten soo many notes and prayers and thoughts and love. It's just me, pain & trying to see through the fog... It's only a few days past ... give it time. Mentally today was a GOOD day. Physically... well I guess I've covered that already.

News from the surgery:
~~ It went very well as far as being "cut open" can be.
~~ I have STRONG bones around the weak bone they took out.
~~ I have a 7 centimeter horizontal incision on the front-under my belly button
~~ I have 2 - 5 centimeter vertical incisions on my back (which is strange to us since they were supposed to do 2 punctures percutaneous (right through the skin). So we'll have to ask about that on my Post-Op appt 10/12 with my Neuro-surgeon.
~~ I did not do well with the anesthesia... as usual.
~~ I got "stuck" 16 times between 2 arms... and am bruised too much! OUCHEY!!!
~~ I spent an extra day in the hospital - blood pressure was 94/52... not good. NOT GOOD.
~~ I missed my girls, I missed mr safety-man, I missed my bed, I missed home.
~~ I am home, I am safe, I am blessed.

Thank you to allll my support. I am humbled. I am blessed. I know I am loved. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. I'm sorry to hear about your surgery and hope your recovery is going well. God is so great and has been incredibly tolerant of my whining prayers. As my husband says, isn't it great we are never alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such kind comments. It sounds like you have some hard work ahead of you in recovery, but you sure have the right attitude. One of my best friends had spinal surgery, and it wasn't an easy road, but she is doing great now.

    I hope you come and visit often!

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you both for such warm thoughts and prayers! God IS great! And these new comments are such a nice surprise! THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete