Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Feeling Better!!

I am feeling better! Really I am!! Honest!!!
OK... who believes me?

Actually each day is a different day and depending on how much I do - I can see there are small improvements and I am so grateful to have those! I choose to hold on to these! I got some photos from my Post-op visit... I now need to "embrace" my new hardware in my body!!

It is rather
funky to actually think that this "stuff" is in me now! We didn't realize that rods had been put in to my back - so that was a revelation & explained why I have 2 incisions back there now. I think I may have pulled a stitch 2 nights ago - but my friend & personal (I do so love the sound of that - makes me feel ever-so important heheehhe) nurse put a steri-strip on it so hopefully there will be no permanent, weird scarring from the open part of the incision.

There is some slight swelling around the back incisions and I will need to watch those.

But I digress... on to why I am feeling better (HONEST- at least mentally!!!):

Last night I got to go on my

FIRST FUN EXCURSION
since surgery! I went to a Book Club that my friend is doing! A first for me - but I LOVE books & reading. I am so happy to have been invited to join a book club with my friend - I 've always wanted to be involved in one.
It was a lovely evening... OH YES it was!!! With delish food and a good discussion - how could it not be?! It was very interesting to hear other people's opinions about the book we read, which is called Peace Like a River by Leif Enger. It was a good book - lots of themes streaming through. It was not my favorite book... but I liked it ok. It was SO nice to be out and about - even if I was not doing great physically... but hey I'm not really "comfey" at home either. I took care, followed mr safety man and friend/personal nurse's instructions and didn't over-do... I was very careful!!! I am WIPED today but it was SO worth it!

Ahhhhhhhhh I hear the thunder rolling in... peaceful. A nice time to relax and heal (maybe even do some more reading!!). Time to do a little napping and try to remember this is a good time, a time to reflect, a time to regroup, a time to heal, a time to celebrate this body works, a time to feel blessed for my support system, and time to become a stronger me!!


Here comes the beautiful rain... time to relax and listen to the beautiful sound it makes on my roof and just be...




No comments:

Post a Comment