Thursday, January 14, 2010

P. R. O. C. R. A. S. T. I. N. A. T. I. O. N... at it's finest...

Call it the weather... Call it not feeling 100% today... nope let's call it what it is... PROCRASTINATION... I cannot get motivated to flippin' get this house all cleaned up for the arrival of my sister-in-law and her 4yr old tomorrow. IT REALLY NEEDS IT TOO! It's been MONTHS since this house has had an overhaul - and we're trying. Mr Safety-Man did a GREAT job at keeping up with as much as he could! We've even started to organize our garage FINALLY... But let's face it folks... I am down to the last minute of getting the interior done... that last CRUNCH time... she'll be here tomorrow night! Sigh...

I have been working though... for the most part... ALLLL the Christmas stuff is packed away, up in the attic (as of last night), and gone till next year. It's kinda sad looking in my house right now (Safety-Man TOTALLY disagrees... he thinks it's not as cluttered) - I love Christmas decos... and miss the warm feeling they bring me! BUT it's done and taken care of - and I did 95% of it on my own!! YAY! I worked my tail off yesterday and got A LOT more accomplished... yet... there's SO MUCH MORE TO DO (isn't there always something to do????)!!

So what do I do now, after doing a few chores? Sit down, check e-mail, check my favorite blogs, and well hmmmm start typing this post! I could chastise myself till the cows come home (and in this house we don't own any cows... so that would be a long time) but I would still be waiting to accomplish all my tasks until the last minute! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Could I actually say I work well under pressure? I think my family would disagree.

I would love to say it's because my back's not been great this week, or that I'm exhausted (it's true I am), or that I am totally "sensitive" this week (and we ALL know what THAT means). And I am sure that that is part of what is going on... but I think the biggest thing - is that having 3 months "off" - even though it was painful, boring, depressing, etc - was kinda a nice break! It's hard to get back in to the swing of normal day-to-day life. I also think I am realizing that I have always been a crunch time kinda gal... sigh... Hard to embrace that - but true.

So now it is time to get my tookus (new favorite word) off the couch... stop writing this post and go put thousands (ok well maybe not that much...) but MANY loads of laundry away in my room - so it finally looks like a room and not a giant un-organized closet of a room. Then maybe I will have some warmth in this body and I can go clean both bathrooms... (did I mention that it's already 11:52PM?) THEN... THEN I will feel like I am ALMOST caught up!!

After all... she doesn't arrive till 9pm tomorrow... and after physical therapy in the AM I still have the entire day...

Right?!

No comments:

Post a Comment