Sunday, February 7, 2010

What does YOUR dog do while you are gone?!?

OK... Monday was truly a busy day for me... I had so much to do...physical therapy for my back in the AM, SEVERAL NEEDed errands, and several UNneeded errands (OUTLET MALL yay!!), plus I was trying to get this house under control in preparation for Blanche's visit with us on Thursday (2/4).

Chris was out of the home office all morning while I was gone too. I got back shortly before I had to leave again to pick up our girls from the bus stop...

Well...

Apparently Moose (our chocolate labrador retriever) decided that he was pretty TICKED off at me for being gone ALL morning/early afternoon and then only coming home for a short time before I ran an errand and picked up the girls from the bus stop - total time gone the 2nd time - 1.5 hours TOPS.

Upon returning home... rounding the corner to go to the dining room...

I was greeted by an interesting smell of old food... and some items that I hadn't left there less than an hour and a half ago... wait a minute... is that GARBAGE???!


I followed the trail... yes there WAS a trail and it was about 3-5 inches DEEP... He even tried to get in to the CLOSED (thank goodness) garbage... he was REALLY mad... I kept going following the trail... oh no... no please... not there too?!

Oh yes... in to the dining room and continued to go through to my family room floor. WHY - O - FOR GOODNESS SAKE - WHY?!?!? do dogs do ALL bad things on carpeting?! I mean SERIOUSLY WHY!? He could've kept all this NASTY garbage on my wood floors... or the tile... but no he drags it over to the family room carpet...

NOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooo!!!

Should I go in to detail about the CRAP that was in our garbage... no I think the photos are justification enough. HOWEVER let me just be GRATEFUL in the fact that I didn't end up cooking any of the chicken the night before!!! OH there is a God and He is SOOOO GOOD! (Truly He is!)!!!

Yes... that is a disgusting piece of orange, yes LEFT OVER CANDY from Halloween that I was tossing (Shhhhhhhh) - yes he got it all. OH but he had a helper whom I am SURE was egging (no pun intended since yes, there are eggshells in the mess on my poor throw-rug) him on - MUGSY our almost 10yr old Shih Tzu... And of course this was a hard week so Chris did drink some coffee... so let us just grind (OK, OK, OK that pun was bad and intended) that in to the rug... just to round things out.
I cleaned the floors with a rake first people... a small kids rake... but a rake.

I just didn't know how to start. I was so beyond words. My poor dogs... they totally shrank to the floor and scuttled away to make themselves scarce only to be dragged back and told (in not so nice words) how NAUGHTY they truly were and how unhappy their Momma was!
I actually made the girls go away - as I was so steamin'!!

Well now as I think about it... it was quite comic. I mean MAN that dog was some p-o'ed at me. I mean LOOK at the house!!! It was literally a foot deep in some spots! My girls - such angels - helped me get things cleaned up... Wearing my lovely fashionable green with white and pink polka dot gloves helped me get through it!!!

So I wonder what else he does to have fun while we're not looking!?

What's your 'animals' do while you're away (and doesn't necessarily mean a pet... hahahaha)?!

musings on naughty little puppies...

No comments:

Post a Comment