Monday, February 8, 2010

Time for bed...but first...

I am trying so hard to get caught up on this... but it's been crazy! I guess that is a good thing as it is such a different crazy - healing process - from even 1 month ago!!

Today was a good day. A good, good day. I have been writing a lot of my hard days... I needed to write of the good day even though I wanted to be in bed already...

I was up WAY too early - 5am... to drive Nana to the airport. And for those of you that know me well - I am SO not a morning person... to put it mildly. Goodbyes at the airport are always hard for me. And today was no different, it was sad - but I truly focused on the good parts of seeing her & laughing with her. PLUS I got to see the sunrise... I haven't seen that for a long time and...

it. was. so. beautiful.

As I drove home I looked out over the gorgeous bays, the beautiful water and I realized how blessed I am to be where I am. The weather warmed over the course of the day and I smiled.

I went to PT... My therapist - she just got engaged while she was on vacation in Vail last week... so sweet. She was all giddy and happy and it made me remember how Mr Safety-Man asked me to marry him...on our Mt. Batty... overlooking Camden, ME harbour... GORGEOUS. Water is in our lives... it's part of us.

I had a GREAT session with PT Jackie. She is just FAB. Boy did she make me work... and then worked on my soft tissue in mes fesses/derriere/cheeks/oh and the back too ... ouch - but awesome. "You'll feel this tomorrow" she said with a smile... but it's a good "feel" - pain that means I am getting better. She told me about how my muscles have atrophied a) from not using them for so long due to pain & b) from being pried open during surgery - lack of movement/blood circulation... BUT that she could feel some improvement. That's good right?!

I came home - exhausted... got to read a favorite novel and finish AND take a little nappy! All while my dear Mr Safety-Man re-did ALL our back roof/facia board and soffet work (ok I KNOW I spelled that wrong... but oh well). Noisy - but didn't stop me from dozing! THEN...

Off to a personal one-on-one training using reflexology/stretching/& core muscle stimulating/with a slight bend towards pilates... WOW! That was AWESOME, HARD, and just felt so rewarding. "Youll feel this tomorrow" was heard again. Currently I am still feeling pretty good! I was in awe... first in how BADLY I am in shape and can barely move through some of the exercises but impressed with how encouraging she was that I was only 4 months post-op... and second and I guess more importantly how far I have come in a short year...since my surgery 4 months ago. It truly is amazing and I am so blessed.

Then I picked up the girls. They were both not 100% - but despite some testiness here and there, necessary unwell pediatrician visit, and bookstore visit (which was the saving grace for us all) - the girls and I had a NICE afternoon/evening! They even tried chick peas for dinner without toooo much of a fuss... (some gagging on Boo's part but she wasn't feeling all together great anyway).

Ending with some laughs on TV with snuggles with mr safety-man, a terrific online chat with 2 dear people, and a relaxing quiet eve...

I liked today... I really did.

No comments:

Post a Comment