Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Valentine...Day 1 POST SCRIPT

So i go in to kiss Boo goodnight and she has her Couette (Coo-ette-French for blanket - she pronounces COO-yette - her blankie) over face.

I ask her what's wrong... and she pulls Couette off her face, looks at me directly in my eyes and says...
"Mame - I am going to stop suckin' my thwumb.
I said a pwayer and I won't suck my thwumb"
I said and did God answer? And I looked at her face and she wiped the side of her eye.
"Are you crying Boo Boo? What's wrong?"...
"HAPPY TEARS MAME... These are HAPPY TEARS! Happy, happy Tears Mame"
I want to not suck my thumb for your birthday"
So now Mommy's heart is just OVER POURING... just absolutely filled... and now Mommy is crying HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY proud tears.

1 comment:

  1. Hey of course I will read your blog and comment. Last night we talked about your kids actually. I was looking at some pictures of my nephew and Jeremy said I hope i'm going to be a good dad. And of course I know he will be but he loves your girls so much! I know he is such a good uncle to them and I can't figure out why he thinks he can't carry that on to his own kids someday. He always talks about your girls and I know he loves them. Actually he still has this letter in a frame from I can't remember which one wrote it but it sits on the front table. He was worried when I took it off the wall that I threw it away or something but no I just moved it to a table. It was funny the way he panicked about it. That was the cutest story though! She sounds so sweet, I can't wait to meet them and you!

    Hope you are feeling better though. I read your Christmas letter so I would like to think I know what is going on but I still don't know that much about Jeremy's family. I would like to know more so I'm glad we can talk! Anyways..

    With Love, Carolyn

    ReplyDelete