Wednesday, December 15, 2010

PROUD & Locks of Love

proud  (proud)
adj. proud·er, proud·est
1. Feeling pleasurable satisfaction over an act, possession, quality, or relationship by which one measures one's stature or self-worth: proud of one's child; proud to serve one's country.
2. Occasioning or being a reason for pride
3. Feeling or showing justifiable self-respect.
4. Filled with or showing excessive self-esteem.
5. Of great dignity; honored: a proud name.
6. Majestic; magnificent: proud alpine peaks.
7. Spirited. Used of an animal: proud steeds.
 
I am so very excited for my daughter... I am so proud of her and she is proud of herself... and to me that means more than ANYTHING!!!  You see Sweetpea decided to grow out her hair... except she decided to grow it out - not for vain reasons but to donate it to such a WORTHY cause.... She decided to donate her hair to Locks of Love... and she did! Her appointment was at the end of November. She was excited and a bit nervous... but WOW what a cute "do" she has! 

Did you know that 80% of the donations of hair are from little girls to help other little girls!?! Can you believe that!!!?! I cried when I found this out...How truly remarkable.

I am proud of my Sweetpea. I am touched that she would do this for another person. She feels a great accomplishment... It's just a great time to have such a warm feeling... and so needed!!!
Before! Getting ready to go...
It's TIME!!!
"I get my hair washed too?!?!"

Brought one of her BFFs to give her moral support!

And HERE WE GOoooooooooo... snip snip snip


She's holding her hair! IT IS OFFICIAL!!!
WOW she is AMAZED about holding her own ponytail!!!


Now to start the "beautifying" process...
Add a bit of a fringe... (are you tired of these photos yet?)

Teaching her how to style her bangs (POOR Sweetpea has MY hair/hairline!

More styling and teaching...
Look at that dimple!!! SO SWEET! I don't know about her... but I LOVE IT!!!!
Checking it all out in the mirror! SHE LOVES IT!!!!
There's my baby!!!!! So beautiful!!
We love this little girl and what she did... so. very. much.

2 comments:

  1. AAAAAHHHHHHH. KYRA ELEN MARRINER YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GROW ANY MORE. DO YOU HEAR ME? NOT ONE SINGLE INCH. Aunt Shelly is going to come to Florida. I don't know when or how or for how long, but I MUST see you. MUST. I love you so much and am very proud of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Kyra!
    She looks so cute with short hair.

    ReplyDelete