Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Keeping Calm... and Carrying On...



I love this poster... I have to say. It really resonates in my soul and mind. I have decided that I just HAVE to have this poster in my house. It is such a good reminder AND it will go well with the pennants I have made with positive affirmations. I think the more you read words that are uplifting and positive... the more you are going to believe in them.

I wanted to find out more about the poster. I wanted to know where it originated from... where the crown was from... why did the British print the posters? What did the original poster actually mean? I just love history - I mean I am a HUGE history buff... and was pleased to find that the original poster dates back to 1939!! World War II is not my favorite time period in history - but I really enjoyed learning why the poster was made. I looked here and here and found some interesting facts about it's coming back in to "fad" now! There's actually a lot of blogs and sites talking about the poster. I got a bit lost in my Google searches!!

I found one shop on Etsy that has posters with different sayings!! One that says... Keep Calm and SEW on... yep I think I need that one. Oh and another one that Mr SafetyMan (or Boatman) would love... Keep Calm and SAIL on... oooooo and then there was one I found that just said... CROCHET ON...

Yep I can see it getting a bit crazy in here with these posters... but maybe I should just keep it simple.

KEEP CALM AND CARRY ON

No comments:

Post a Comment