Thursday, March 24, 2011

What can I do?

All of the devastation in Japan has really gotten to me. i cannot even watch the news for i just 'tear' up. It's been a hard year and my emotions - well they're always on my sleeve, as of lately.  But i kept asking myself "isn't there something that iiiiii can do - besides to send money. i agree with my friend from "Pink Fig" - Chelsea... if i could i would shoot over there and help out. That is exactly how strongly i feel. The worst is knowing the children' stories. Losing a family member... let alone a child (parent) it's just awful. It is the absolute worst feeling in the world.

So what CAN I DO?

As i was reading the Pink Fig blog - it hit! i can sew. i love to sew. Sewing - alone brings me comfort in times of trouble and it brings me such happiness & joy. i love to see little ones smile. i love making something and seeing a happy face when i am done. WELL hello KYMMIE!?! iiiiii can contribute to these little, sweet children in Japan by sewing and Chelsea has the cutest child's t-shirt pattern to represent our love and support of Japan. She will be gathering t-shirts that we have made and sending them on to Japan. I posted the button at the top of this blog if anyone else is interested in checking out the sew along at Living with Punks. Or read about the project for Japan - here - on the Pink Fig blog. What a FANTASTIC and THOUGHTFUL idea... 
I think children are such a integral part of my 'being' - that this project is just the exact fit for me. Knowing that a little girl or boy will wear this shirt (or later hold a doll I will make)... yes... that gives the chills I have been feeling - a warm kick! A hug. THAT'S what I have wanted to do - just gather these lil' ones and hug them, rock them, help make their devastation and fears go away... 
A virtual hug... that's what I will be sending to those sweet children in Japan. A hug from me.

No comments:

Post a Comment