Monday, July 11, 2011

Bittersweet

It's been a week of bittersweet feelings... I don't like it.

I've been doing pretty well. We've made it almost through our year of "firsts". I've had so many people call and write offering such sweet support! I truly appreciate all the support. The year anniversary date of losing my nephew Andrew has come and gone - along with my 16yr wedding anniversary and my parents 44th. I thought it would be a lot harder... but actually the days before were the hardest & saddest.
I focused on my Mr Safety Man! I cannot believe it's been 16yrs married! It's been a blink!!

So this weekend was not a fun weekend... but it was a necessary one. We've been sorting, organizing, cleaning, throwing out, trying on, giving to Goodwill, etc etc etc. It feels good to get my life back in order. But for some reason I just don't feel like I have.

This summer is supposed to be about fun, spending time with my girls, and just make up for last summer. And I just don't think I'm there. I feel horrible that I'm always cleaning this place, always have something that needs to be done.

I see people and they are getting so much done, they're reading every day, doing fun crafts, just doing awesome stuff... and I feel like I haven't... But I guess maybe we have. Perhaps I am just whining...

I dunno you tell me - here's what we've been up to...

The first 10 days we were on vacation in Maine. We did get to do a lot of fun things...Like
Dedicating an important bench in Grammy San's name, spending time with Pam, Linda, & Sandy - we love you!

Special lady!
Installing Grammy San's granite bench in the woods on MORSE MT

Finding beautiful spots, spying Fairy Houses
Reflecting upon quiet moments


Investigating tide pools

Writing in the sand special to Mommy

Planning our new home (someday) Isn't this color the BEST?
Cuddling with my boy! Love this kiddo!

Loving the ocean!

Quality time with my nephew

Flirting with Mr Safety Man

Getting stuck with abyss below me... Watching beautiful waves coming in and out
Playing in the Buttercups

Smelling intoxicating Lupins

Sneaking some snuggles

Tiptoeing in the grass (boy I miss New England grass)

Being goofy

Rolling down REAL hills

Visiting old towers (sorry too tired to turn it)

Remembering our engagement on Mt Battie - admiring the CAMDEN harbo

Making bubbbbbles!

Sneaking some quality time with my sweeties

Stealing quiet moments by the Atlantic on a ROCKY beach

Finding fun spots to explore

Sharing family time

Loving our family

Standing up to my NEMESIS - Verona Island Bridge (over huge gorge) bleck!

Supporting, visiting, and loving three generations of family

Climbing like I couldn't 2 yrs before

Visiting Bath Maritime Museum and being in AWE of history

Becoming a fish...(visiting LL BEAN)

Celebrating Daddy's Day - and being GOOFY with 'said' Daddy!

Actually SWIMMING in sub zero water

Hunting for seashells after

And saying some hard goodbyes... LOVING spending time with our family
 And the rest of our time... well let's hit that tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment