Thursday, July 14, 2011

Summer activities con't...

What else have we been up to?
Well - Sweetpea went on her very first EVER sleepover camping trip- the week after we got back from Maine. She was pooped and it was hard letting her go - but away she went.
 She. had. a. BLAST!
She got to go with her lil' bff - E. and they had a great time together. It was so good to see her when she got home however. Boy I missed that sweetheart. And BooBoo missed her big sister (although she won't admit it). But Boo and I played hard, went to parks, did some crafts, read books, watched movies, and snuggled... a lot.



We've boated, snorkeled (even BOO - who hated to put her face in the water last year!!!), watched fireworks glorious fireworks - watched with new friends. We've done lots of crafts, started our plans for a secret (shhhh) garden - complete with a bistro table and chair set), read, prepared fab dinners (and so much better for us), celebrated Daddy's day, played on fun playgrounds, played with friends, enjoyed the freedom of playing outside AND sleeping in, and last week I taught a week of sewing camp!!!





Both girls joined in the week of sewing camp and I think they did a good job of learning. Sweetpea was a HUGE help to me - like an assistant. But it was also hard on both girls because while doing sewing or crafts they are used to having my FULL attention and not sharing it with SEVEN other little girls. All-in-all we had a GREAT week. And the feedback so far I have received was positive!! I even got a few more sewing machines!!! And Mr Safety Man found me the DEAL OF THE CENTURY... I got a VIKING (slightly used) but the price was totally unbeatable!!!
My sewing campers!
Some big news... we also received an Etsy "convo" from a local store in Sarasota... she really liked what she saw in my Etsy shop and wanted us to put some creations in her store! SO we made the BIG decision and as of July 12, 2011 - we are now mArrineRs monTage - with an actual PHYSICAL location! We are super excited about this next step... but it has taken some MAJOR work to get ready. I just really hope something sells. Thank you to everyone that's been so supportive (even if you don't read this silly blog... hehehe).

The girls have been troopers the last few days - between doing some MAJOR overhauls in our rooms... organizing the house (MAJOR throw out as well...), trying on clothes, getting caught up on chores, shopping for the new store displays, and well... just boring stuff for kiddos... they have really shined. We spent DAYS working in their rooms and our bedroom - that have been neglected for MONTHS AND MONTHS. And the rooms are starting to turn around... still need a lot of help - but starting. Our girls both want to be "more responsible". The driving factor...they want to do 4H this Fall and take care of (pretend there's dramatic music - here - )... DUM DA DUMMMmmmm...
Bunnies!!
...oh boy...
Today after setting up 2 displays at MUSE GALLERIA - the store where we have mArrineRs monTage creations...I took them to a pet store and we got to pet bunnies, hold them and talk about what we could do etc. to be more responsible. Helping out and being active members of the family, became the topic of choice. It should be interesting to see where this goes. But our #1 goal is the responsibility factor... and keeping rooms clean, doing chores, saying their prayers, doing good works for others, reading and working on school type stuff for the next year (not in that order) - all falls in the  category of responsibility.
Love this girl...FACE in the water!!!

Love this girl

He's so cute...

yep that's me...& the girls...

Boo jumping! YIPPEE!

Projects girlies made

Yummmy dinner my honey made...


Anyway...  I digress... I guess in retrospect we have had QUITE a full summer thus far... tomorrow we are meeting some friends at the beach and just relaxing... That will be super nice. I am really looking forward to catching up and watching our kiddos frolicking in the waves...

I guess that is what summer is about... to stop having such high expectations and to really just relax, enjoy, let good times and good memories just come. To release what "HAS" to happen and just let things happen. The girls will remember different things about the summer - but what is important to me - is that they remember ME (and of course Mr Safety Man too) being there... being an ACTIVE part of their summer with them. I want them to look back and think - I had a lot of fun with my Mommy this summer. We get to be together... and honestly - if you know me - that means more to me now than it ever has before...

That is ultimately what matters right?

No comments:

Post a Comment