Saturday, July 23, 2011

Body Images...

Dear Kymmie's body,
I am very sorry.
I am sorry for what I put you through. I am sorry for the way I constantly find something to pick apart about how you look.

I am sorry for sucking my thumb until I was wayyyy too old and causing you to have braces that hurt your teeth not once, not twice, not three, not even four times... but FIVE... and stressing when I got them right before your wedding. Oh and grinding those teeth - from stressing - so they look like "man teeth". (And having what that dentist say hurt your feelings...)

I am sorry that I am so anxiety ridden that I take it out on you, so you feel that you have to produce eczema all over your face, ears, and head, get hives,  and get really bad tummy aches.

I am sorry I worry so much about what people think of you, if they like you, if you're too annoying - that you feel you are not worth anything.

I wish I took better care of your back and feet - you've survived three major spinal surgeries. It's not fair that you hurt every day one way or other & yet I still slouch...

I am sorry that my tension causes you to react and give such debilitating headaches you cannot move or think.

I am sorry that I abuse you by stopping to eat when I am anxious, stressed, or depressed. And I don't eat as well as I should when I do eat.

Sorry for talking smack about you...{blush}.

I am truly sorry that I just can't get out of my funk and that I take it all out on you.

I love you body. I love that you provided me with two beautiful children, that you hold such love for your family, that you truly care and adore your friends...That you sacrifice everything to deal with your family, friends and with all the demands that come your way.

I thank the Lord that He made you the way He did... and I will do better Kymmie's Body... I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment