Sunday, September 13, 2009

How I love thee FOOOOOOOOOOTBALL!


Oh yes people! It is THAT time... Football season as officially started... now most of the people that know me best - KNOW - how much I LOVE FOOTBALL! I love, love, love, love, love FOOTBALL! I could sit and watch it endlessly. Live... EVEN BETTER!
i know my girlfriends think - "CRAZY KYMMIE", but to me football is just nostalgic! I used to sneak from my nappy time and climb on top of my daddy's side only to wink in & out of blissful slumber watching football with him. It is one of the warmest memories I have. I truly enjoy sharing this part of my memory and common interests with my Dad!

Raymond James Stadium - too hot day - pre-season -1st ticket of 5 - Pats vs Bucs! I was SO stoked to be there!
Mr Safety-man and me at the beginning of the game!

Our first live game of 5 tickets...GO BUCS! GO PATS!!

So Chris gave me for our anniversary 2 years ago - 5 GAMES to watch the BUCS play LIVE at the RAMOND JAMES STADIUM. As we walked to our seats, we kept climbing further up, up, up, and ever further UP...until we reached the very last seat at the TIPPY, TIP, TOP of the stadium. Mr Safety Man and I had a great giggle at that (and my height issues were full on as well - it really was VERY high) - but I didn't care of the height... I got a date with him sans kiddos, I got to watch football, and I got to watch it LIVE!!!!
It's a little high (nervous) ... giggle giggle... but YES! We're here!

Honestly... I loved being where we were! I could stand up when I wanted to - without offending someone behind us! We got a GREAT breeze being up there, I could cheer loudly, and the cool thing - I learned a lot about plays being able to see them come to fruition - having mr. safety man as my ever patient teacher! Ahhhhhh such a great season! And the first game we got to watch... my two FAVORITE teams... New England Patriots vs Tampa Bay Bucs... toujours a New Englander...and loving being a West Coast Floridian now too!
It was so hot up in the stands... we brought the last few games - water with little fans to cool off!

I am such a football fan - I am in a pro pick 'em and Fantasy Football league - used to be the only female! AND I have to say have won Pro pick'em two years (in the 4 or 5 I've been playing), came in 2nd 2-3 yrs and 3rd the rest! And I won Fantasy 2 years ago... Yep... I LOVE FOOTBALL!
I sometimes feel guilty just watching the games... but then I realize I get A LOT of things done on Sunday afternoons... crafts with the girls (with sideways glances at big plays), folding laundry, cleaning or organizing drawers etc... anything that can be done in front of the games!! Now I will be able to do BEAUCOUP ceramics as well! YES!!! Well - after recovery! But there again - I HAVE to recover Dr's orders - so now I can recover in front of my games! GUILT FREE... ok well maybe not guilt free! But I have a GREAT excuse this Fall!!!

So I sat here today... clipping my coupons (see I AM keeping it up (like I said here) - still trudging fwd) while I got to watch FOOTBALL! It was not quite the same because my safety-man was driving home from a long trip away from us. But I still got the same thrill hearing the roar of the crowd... I miss going to the live games... some... but now I get to be curled up with my own little munchkin winking in and out and watching our teams!! GO PATS! GO BUCS! (too bad they lost today... but like I always say... it's only the first week).


Gooooooooooo teams!

2 comments:

  1. Hey! When was your last picture taken? I LOVE football,too. But mostly college and high school. I like the bucs, but have never really gotten into pro football. I've been to a few college games...and love those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love college and highschool as well!! It's so fun to watch! Let's see that photo was taken the last live game we went to 2 yrs ago (right after I got my hair cut for the first time!)! =)

    ReplyDelete