Tuesday, September 8, 2009

They're Growing Up...

Ahhh it is that time... my big girl is enjoying her time with friends. She is truly wanting to spend time with them. And with that comes... SLEEPOVERS!! She has such a great group of friends - a great group. And this weekend she got to see a few of them and have a sleepover here on Sunday (it was a long week-end of course!).
They had a grand time doing a sing-along with American Idol on the Wii, watching a movie - High School Musical 3 (every great sleepover has to watch this don'tcha know), massages (appropriately done lol), and then the girls came up with a plan to to have a tent farm in Ky's room and they would sleep in the tents... and big sister included lil' sister... ahhhhhhh heart melting, proud moment for Mommy.
Deeply engrossed in their movie
So they put up tents. One "tent wing" was Ky's and her bff's room. A middle tent room (which Mugsy the pup took on as his own) was the sitting/moon area (named because it had a screen top), and Lil sis had the opposite "wing"! It was all so, so, so, soooo cute. I cannot express what hard work went in to each area! They really put so much heart in to their tent night!

"Tent Farm"

"Sibling Wing" Sleepy Lil' Sis

As they were excitedly showing me where everyone was sleeping (silly Mommy thought the guest would have her own tent) Ky proceeded to explain that they both were sleeping in this tent.... OH MY! After some careful checking and concern from Mommy - they both ASSURED me that this is what they wanted and it would be SO great and fun!! Well after all - isn't that what sleepovers are allll about? So I relented, they were so cute with those little eyes... yes I lost to the power of 9yr old puppy eyes!! However I told both girls if they got uncomfortable, hot, or if Ky started to cuddle with her bff (she has been known to do this) then either one of them could go up on to Ky's bed which was all turned down for them. So I of course checked on them several times (Boo informed me that Ky told her, after I said nighty night, sleepovers are for talking and giggling with your friends in to the night) - apparently it was not too late in to the night because I checked! I just couldn't believe how simply angelic and adorable they looked! So as every good Mommy I took photos!! Plus I wanted to show her Mommy how cute they were!














Boy they had so much fun... and I did too watching them!

how did they get so big already?

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. kyra: oh so very cute! and wouldn`t you think I`M THE CUTEST!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mommy: I think you ALL were the cutest!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is so cute! what funny pics....especially the sleeping ones!

    ReplyDelete