Friday, December 11, 2009

A great day...

Even though there was a lot of pain today (two days of intense - like a knife in my bones...no more like hot embers deep in my spine - I PROMISE NO more overdoing things! LESSON LEARNED!!! I PROMISE - it's really not worth it my friends ouch), I felt really good mentally!
(sorry folks for the run-on sentence - it's late and i don't proclaim to be a great writer!)

It was such a super day! NOoooooo really it WAS!! It really was a nice day. (I really don't like the word nice (ask my Safety-man - he gets grief for that a lot)... there are so many other great adjectives but it was a NICE, NICE day).

I have to say I wasn't sure at first that it would be... I started to stress over little things. That's so me. I wonder where my little girls get it - and there it is right from me! I just start thinking and then worry... Today it was things from - how I was going to get to my appointment this morning, getting back, if dear Mr Safety-Man would be able to get my youngest Boo to her pulmonologist appt, and how would I get my oldest home from the bus stop- not being able to drive is KILLING me! It takes all your freedom away! It's amazing how I get myself all worked up - Jeesh.

But what I should have remembered or had faith in, was that everything would be ok and would work out for the best. I should start with the fact that my hair has been bad for a LONG while - I just couldn't sit long enough to get it cut/colored after the surgery. So I finally got an appt - but it wasn't until NEXT Thursday - and I have tons of activities coming up! LOW AND BEHOLD she had a cancellation and I got an appt today!!! YES!!! HMmm but if Chris wasn't home... how to get there...

A wonderful friend ended up having most of today off and came and got me, she then got called in to work - I started to worry about getting home. I was going to try to walk - but the way I was feeling during the appointment - walking home (close to my home) wasn't going to be an option (especially if I wanted Mr S. Man to talk to me again...). But they called her and pushed her going in to work back, so I got to show off my new do and get a ride home! I am so thankful for everyone who CONTINUES to help me out... Then my dear S.Man was able to pick up Boo and take her to the pulmonologist (which she really needed to go to - as she has been having several asthma attacks in Utah and since we've been back home). AND we decided together that KyKy could just come home early... GREAT! It just worked out!

And the hair appointment was AWESOME - I don't know if it was because I waited SO long to get it done - but ms rachael did a wonderful job and I had a nice time. It was so awesome to feel relaxed, on my own, and free! I even got enough courage to ask for my eyebrows to be done. I don't know why - but normally I wouldn't ask - because I didn't make an appt and didn't want to trouble them... but I just went with it - and BAM! Finally got my eyebrows done. The AWESOME part... I ended up getting it for FREE for a promotion they were going to start - and gave to me early! (Wish the hair appt was free!) hahaha!

Then we got all ready for my daughter's (and friends' daughters) school Christmas show. It was absolutely like ALL school shows... but it was SOooooooo cute! I took photos of my girls and friends while they performed. Ky got very nervous so didn't smile as much as normal but she did FANTASTIC with her lines and Boo did a fabulous job in her Tiny Ballerina number! SO adorable! She didn't disappoint me - she shaded her eyes and looked for "Mame" (mommy) and Daddy in the audience! And of course in the middle of her dance waved at us! Oooooo how sweet and how precious.

We were so proud! I have photos - but am so tired - I will post them later. I really am so proud!! The show really was cute! Only a parent would love!! =)

AND THENnnnnnnnnnnnn my most wonderful hubby in the world, to help me from bending and doing things I shouldn't be doing, loaded the entire kiln of our First Impressions hand prints/footprints... ALL 49 of them! I still cannot believe he got them all in - one firing! AWESOME! THANK YOU BABE!!! He even sharpened the stilts to ensure they wouldn't stick to the impressions. He does so much for me, our family, to help everyone. He truly is the BEST.

Soooo turning worry in to remembering about having faith things will work out, a great haircut and feeling a bit better emotionally after getting it done (i wish physically too - but soon), to a precious holiday show that I just got all warm and fuzzy watching those I love perform, and finally to a hubby who really does EVERYTHING for me - in order that I heal CORRECTLY!

I am a lucky girl... and I do feel blessed. I truly am.

Thanks for the patience of a rambling post...

No comments:

Post a Comment