Saturday, November 13, 2010

What's in a Name?

OK well it is incredibly hard to decide on a name... and no I am not pregnant... Though the Lord knows I truly wish I were pregnant. We are trying to decide on a name for our new online store (through Etsy). It's a start at least... would rather have my own store - but that will happen. Let me back up one click... Chris and I are opening our own online store. We will be selling our pottery items, my porcelain jewelry, textile items (clothing/accessories), and some of my crochet/knitted items.

We've written to our family & friends and asked their advice - and ALL suggestions were extremely great ones...

AND THE WINNER IS....
 
mArrineR's monTage

(see the ART in there?!)
...at least that is the decision at this moment. It has to be all one word (mArrineRsmonTage) right now for the username. But the banner will have it look a bit different. I just have to figure out how to make a pretty banner!! (Or hire a person to do one for me...)

It was EXTREMELY hard naming our store. We wanted to do something together - a joint venture. And I wanted Mr. Safety-Man to have a huge say in it - to feel a part of everything. Something to create some excitement in our family again. We wanted the name to represent something that was "combined" - our clay/pottery, my jewelry, textiles, crochet, knitting, and any other fun art/craft... but it's just not that easy.

We grappled with doing two shops...doing just my stuff and not his...but mostly just naming it!!! So now we are sticking with Marriner's Montage. I do like it... I wish I was much more creative. Kymmie's Kreations was a thought - but ehhhhh it just didn't hit me. Marriner's Mysteries, Marriner's Mishmash, Melange Marriner, Marriner's Masterpieces, Marriner's Crap, hehehhee Marriner's Mishmash, Ceramic Thread, Porcelain Thread, Marriner's designs, and last but not least Needleful Things or Needful Things were all contenders.

Well I hope it is a good name... I truly do! What's your opinion?

No comments:

Post a Comment