Sunday, September 5, 2010

Accomplishments...

It's been a busy weekend... a good, busy weekend! Yesterday was quite gratifying. Kyky and had the day to ourselves since Mr Safety-Man was working on a few home improvements and BooBoo was off with her bff for the day...

Kyky decided that she really wanted to do a craft together with momma and since I had to go to Michael's for a few projects of my own... well it worked out well. We stopped in at Hancock fabrics - so I could get fabric for some APRONS I am making for my girls. Kyky found a cute kit to make a bunny and clothes and decided this would be a PERFECT prezzie for her little cousin in Utah. We are so excited they are coming and we are starting NOW to get ready. I think it wil help us all to be together despite the sadness of missing Andrew during the first Christmas without him.

Kyky has such a sweet, loving heart. She has decided to make something for each of her cousins. She wants this to be a wonderful Christmas for everyone. Well the bunny came home - and we even bought some fabric for her to have a change of clothes - in to a GLAMOROUS dress!! It was a really fun afternoon. I got to teach Kyky some stitches, how to read a pattern, how to follow pattern directions and she even did her own accessories for little bunny. I love passing on the tradition of sewing and doing something special for someone else. And getting that warm feeling of sharing your talent. She did a FANTASTIC job on Princess Bunny... And I will definitely have to post some photos!!

I got the fabric washed and dried and am preparing them to make the aprons tonight. We also made some decisions on what to do with some of Mr Safety-Man's mom's paper weights... we have soooooo many of them and I really needed to make a special spot for them. Sooooo tonight I have that on my list to get done. That will help me move along on my goal to accomplish the studio...

The biggest accomplishment was getting the boat back to be useable. With us being gone all summer for the various things that pulled us away... we never got to use the newly re-modeled boat. And the cover was taken off - so a summer's worth of leaves and debris was distributed all over the boat... The girls and I spent the entire afternoon sweeping, hosing, scrubbing, washing, and cleaning out that boat from top to bottom. It's come a long way. It still needs some more TLC and a bit deeper clean... but on the whole it's back to being a great boat... Getting THAT done felt like a huge accomplishment.

Lots of things to accomplish... some things accomplished...and I feel like i am slowly getting myself back. It's definitely taking miniscule steps... and a lot of times I feel like I've taken 10 steps backwards... but I am getting things done...

No comments:

Post a Comment