Friday, September 10, 2010

Fabric, Fabric everywhere...

I have become obsessed with fabric! I just wish I had the financial status to back-up this new obsession! I LOVE beautiful fabric. I love to figure out what I want to make with fabric. I love coming up with ideas on how to incorporate different fabrics in to gifts for people... And let me put it this way my dear friends... (and I mean that specifically... Dear Friends...) I am making much of the Christmas prezzies this year! Oh yes! And feel free to make things for us... because I LOVE HOMEMADE!

I have found TOO many sewing sites, knitting sites, crochet sites, CRAFTING sites... many of them blogs I read. And I can get lost for HOURS looking and reading and noting different projects but I really need to get my back part of my family room in to a STUDIO before that happens! Sigh... It seems everything is hinged upon something else happening before it - like a domino effect - in order to get where I want to be. But to get things organized, put away, and in order... I have to figure out what that first step is and go from there... that is the tricky part.

I am still unpacking boxes and FINALLY found the 5-7 TOTES of FABRICCCCcccccc (Can We YELL Yay?!?!?). Sooooo why do I go and purchase MORE fabric I ask you?! Well I think I hit the needle on the pin cushion by saying I am truly obsessed.

I found over 100 patterns from Chris' mom! OH BOY they are fun... some from the 50's, 60's and early 70's! LOVE IT! Can we say VINTAGE?! hahahaha So currently I am working on 2 aprons for my 2 sweetpeas... They are SURE funky material in a hodgepodge kinda way - but I think they go and they CERTAINLY match my girls personalities.

Next projects will be to finish knitting my nephew his sweater and while I am doing that working on 2 skirts for my girls... ruffles galore! I cannot wait!!!!

My goal is to get this studio up and running for my pottery, sewing, & crafts so that I can start producing things in order to open a small shop... I am dreaming... And someday I hope it to come true...

Maybe I can sell some AWESOME fabric in this store too!!
Ahhhhhhhh fabric... got a package just yesterday... it's washed and ironed just ready to be created in to something beautiful!!!!

musings on beautiful fabric and all the prezzies and things i can do ALL BY MYSELF!

No comments:

Post a Comment