Sunday, September 26, 2010

Pun'kins, Pun'kins Every where!

I am so excited for Fall... It's one of my favorite times of the year! Last year I didn't really get to decorate much due to my spinal surgery! I wanted to do another little project with my girls and I found a really neat project online. It was EXACTLY what I was looking to do (thanks Fern Creek)!

We got plastic pumpkins from Wally World, brown acrylic paint, I had some crackle medium and ivory acrylic paint already.
Sweetpea very intent on getting it all covered
 My little ones and I painted all the pumpkins the brown color - painting each pumpkin a few coats. Then we spread the crackle very thickly on each pumpkin and let the crackle get tacky. Once it was tacky, we painted the pumpkins again - one coat of the ivory! VOILA! Shabby chic looking pun'kins!!!
Painting the orange pun'kin brown!!
 My girls were very intrigued by the paint "crackling"! It really is a neat process and the project took less than an hour - with most of the time waiting for the paint to dry/get tacky!
I got to do a big 'un!
 Here's the final product! Aren't they neat?!
ALL DONE!

I am so excited for Fall! These reminded me of a little song we used to sing in ELEMENTARY school - I won't even tell you how LONG ago that was...
FIVE LITTLE PUMPKINS SITTING ON A GATE...
THE FIRST ONE SAID "OH MY IT'S GETTING LATE""
THE SECOND ONE SAID "THERE ARE WITCHES IN THE AIR"
THE THIRD ONE SAID "BUT WEEEE DON'T CARE"
THE FOURTH ONE SAID "LET'S RUN AND RUN AND RUN"
THE FIFTH ONE SAID "I'M READY FOR SOME FUN"
OOOOOooooooo WENT THE WIND AND out WENT THE LIGHTS...
AND THE FIVE LITTLE PUMPKINS ROLLED OUTTA SIGHT!!!

I am really starting to feel better...HAPPY FALL EVERYONE!!!

1 comment:

  1. Honestly, this made me cry. Your last statement is music to my ears. I LOVE YOU.

    ReplyDelete