Friday, February 11, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MONTH TO MEEEeeeeee!!!

I just love this month... and NO not only because my birthday's St. Valentine's Day... but that does play a BIG part...

No - there's a variety of reasons... love, the "symbol of love - a heart, the fact that where I live - February starts to become warmer than it has been for the last few weeks... (THANK GOODNESS... I HATE TO BE COLD). I start to see new things come to life around me... just in time for my birthday. It is the month where I think about the past year, think about the new year, and thank God for all my blessings. I guess it is my "New Year" so-to-speak. Perhaps that is why I haven't formalized any new year's resolutions - I was waiting for FEBRUARY!

I adore that I get to celebrate and share my birthday with a beautiful emotion like LOVE. I try to define myself by love - loving my family, friends, trying to love myself (that hasn't been working lately). Loving life as much as I can right now.. It is such a HUGE part of who I am. I define myself through this little holiday (even though it's kinda "Hallmark-y" now).at

I love the fact that my mom calls me on my birthday every year and says to me "you are the most special and best Valentine in the world a mom could ask for...". Aaaaaa - it just is special. ;) Melts your heart doesn't it?

Well it's been a busy, busy, busy few weeks. I have SO many photos to upload... but for now I leave you with a few beautiful love quotes... after all... it is almost
SAINT VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

Must, bid the Morn awake!
Sad Winter now declines,
Each bird doth choose a mate;
This day's Saint Valentine's.
For that good bishop's sake
Get up and let us see
What beauty it shall be
That Fortune us assigns.
~Michael Drayton


Loving is not just looking at each other, it's looking in the same direction.  ~Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, Wind, Sand, and Stars, 1939

Love is a canvas furnished by Nature and embroidered by imagination. ~ Voltaire 

No comments:

Post a Comment