Monday, February 28, 2011

Such is my life...

ACHOO!

Yes... with the warm weather our Live Oak outside dumps these little frilly, long, caterpillar-esque, "things". I really do not know what they are... I think they are after the leaves appear... but not sure what the heck they really do - except aggravate me and cause Mr Safety Man, Sweetpea and my chocolate lab "Moose" to whither with allergies. All I know is that when I go to pick them up, they fall in to minuscule brown dots.
ALL OVER MY FLOOR
And I also know that I just vacuumed my entire house - which didn't take me quite as long as I had it hyped up in my mind - but when I got back to the kitchen where I started (where my lil' Shih-Tzu, "Mugsy", tracked in SO many of these pesky "things") it didn't even look like I vacuumed.  Such. Is. My. Life.
Before this...last night as I am trying to get my kitchen cleaned - hurrying so I could finally say I got to bed at a decent hour - I pulled the refrigerator door closed like I always do... by the shelf. Only this time... the shelf had cracked somehow and as I had forgotten this point... the ENTIRE shelf came toppling out of the fridge. On to our tile floor. Smashing the glass jars - which I will have you know had olives, honey, and molasses in them. (We are in Florida people... you don't keep sticky sweet things in your cupboards). I was mad. Mad at myself, mad at breaking jars, mad at my fridge, mad for having tile M. A. D. -  mad!
Can I just say - Kalamata olives & honey on a floor do not smell nice at all - mixed with tons of glass - PRICELESS. And may I also mention that the juice of said olives ran under my fridge. OH GROSS. SOooooooooooo thank goodness Mr Safety Man was there and came running after he heard beautiful, flowerly words coming out of his darling wife's mouth. I am not sure if some of those words really exist quite honestly. I think I went in to outer orbit.  Such. Is. My. Life.

The up sides... I have twice now clean and vacuumed floors. AND my kitchen floor is clean, including UNDER the fridge and behind it (and that was disgusting - just sayin'). Do I care about the upside? NO! I am cranky... BECAUSSSssssssssssssssse I didn't get to bed as early as I had wanted....

Like i said - Such. Is. My. Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment