Friday, February 4, 2011

It's stalking me...

I am not one normally afraid of spiders... honest... usually I was the "protector of all things spiders" to my sister... until this year... in Florida. MAN they grow 'em big and ugly down here... But give me a snake and I am outta hair like a baldman...

Imagine this if you will... I am picking up laundry from my piles in the laundry room... the laundry room I am so tired of looking at the COLOSSAL COLLECTIONS of CLUTTER and even yes CRAP (well not literally) and as I pick up the last bits of the dark pile... something twitches, flexes and bounces in my direction... It's a spider. He's not huge... but he certainly is not small either. I can handle it...

Then. He. Starts. To FOLLOW ME. I didn't feel like wearing my slippers tonight so I am out there barefoot... This spider decides to challenge a mass he probably cannot even comprehend (Eeee boy - that makes me sound kinda large marge-ish doesn't it now?!)...so i holler for help... nope no one around - or anyone that wants to come to my aid...

I have thoughts of it leaping on me and biting me and getting all that infection (it DOES happen - my Sweetpea had a friend in class that got bit and nearly lost his leg!!).  Another fleeting thought... i'll kill it... yet another - you  can't kill it - it's bad luck to kill a spider...

Now let's stop there for a moment! Is this REALLY a true wives tale or superstition? Has ANYBODY out there ever hear of this crazy thing? Well it's governed my life now since I can remember. Heck probably my mom said it so I wouldn't hurt an animal or something... who knows!?!

Well suffice it to say... the spider is now gone... with 3 large beat downs with my giant glaze catalogue. Then I flicked him near the door - apologizing to poor Sam the Spider (it wasn't HIS fault he was under a pile of my towels at the wrong time) - and constantly checking back each time I folded a piece of clothing to make sure he truly was gone...

He's still curled up in a ball. on the floor. dead.

But a question...
In my house there's always the saying "they mate for life"...

Do SPIDERS? Well do they have a partner for life? And will  she be underneath my pinks...MAD? After all it IS February... loving month and I just killed a 'pider!!!

At least the one's not stalking me anymore!!!
O sweet dreams for me tonight...

No comments:

Post a Comment