Sunday, July 12, 2009

My little earrings...

I got these earrings to help me in my ceramic's endeavor... now... I just cannot get enough of them. They are my favorite right now. My absolute FAVORITE! Je les aime!! Beaucoup!

It's funny how something so small can just make you feel so good when you think you can't. Just putting them on makes me grin.

It's silly - I find myself trying to find something in my wardrobe that will match them... funny - just two little scalloped- shaped earrings.

But they've become my muse and I am busy dabbling in my porcelain... I won't say more so as not to ruin the surprise! But I am very much lovin' my muse earrings!!

I love that something can give you comfort. Two 'little things' can give comfort and joy... it makes me think, that it is these little things that are what we miss in life sometimes. I have started to really look at things closely. I would really like to focus on this aspect in life - than worrying about the big picture. Especially when it pertains to my kiddos! My oldest (Elfkin) she made me some earrings... BEAUTIFUL ones (and I think those will help Momma with the muse bug)! But it was that generous "little something" that I want to remember and focus upon!!

I am going to take the rest of this summer and really focus on finding joy in these little things or moments. So what?! My house is a mess... but I played a game this AM with Mr Daddy, Boo and my Elfkin. Yeah I have a yard that needs a lot of work - but we had a fun afternoon laughing with the girls. Life's crazy and fun and stressful and dynamic but looking for random, beautiful snippets. This is what I want to remember and smile about this summer.

I love my earrings... My muses.

They inspire me~ They got me working on something I love~ They got me to really look around and think about what I love to do. Heck - if they can make me happy... maybe I can make something that will make somebody else just as happy and want to think about things like I will!!

Muse Musings... huh how 'bout that!?

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE those earrings too. I think the positive is they can match with almost anything!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THANKS Ame!!! I have to say I wear them all the time! (Like right now... coral and blue... not really a good mix - but I couldn't resist)!

    ReplyDelete