Sunday, July 12, 2009

Time... is not on my side...

Well it's late again... what was the time last post... oh yeah 3:45am... now it's 3:06am. I have done a lot of pondering these late hours over the last few days. It's been a hard week. But my pondering has been actually very informative. Thank goodness for the web and books! WOW! I've learned a bit about some friends & family news. Got to connect blogwise with my sister (love you!!). sigh... I really miss a lot of people! And part of missing people is because of lack of traveling. Lack of traveling is because well no rough stuff for this stinkin' back and right now pas d'argent. Poo. Can I say Merde even though it's naughty - it sounds better in another language oui?

Therefore this summer has been a slow summer... but a great summer! I am trying to "enjoy the journey not the destination". I haven't been able to do a lot of the fast-paced, death defying, crazy things I've done in past summers (again stinky). I was prescribed to take it easy, VERY easy, no lifting, carrying, running, jumping, standing too long, sitting too long, (you get the idea), no physical stresses to my body - means - well it means just that... so I have done a lot other things to make up for that (truth be told - i've done some naughty unprescribed things too but shhhhhhh don't read this small print)!

But alas back to point (it's late remember?), resting and being calm equals no travel (cue sigh again... right...about... now) so therefore I've been thinking a lot about France and missing it.

WOW! Did you read that??? SHOCKER below:
Do you know people... when I first moved to France I thought my life was over?! Yes you read that correctly! HELLO?! I was a SENIOR IN HIGHSCHOOL my friends...!!

Yet the most important lady in the entire universe (besides my mom of course - but she learned from this lady...) my NAIN (grandmother to all you non-Chase/Rider types) told me:

"Kymbi... someday you will look back and you will cherish that you were fortunate enough to live in France".

The young, silly and super-naive, blinded by first love, 18-yr old- me said: "No Nain I don't think so... please let me live with you". But she persisted that someday I would MISS FRANCE... and look... here it is... you saw the proof above!!! I MISS FRANCE. I miss the language, the smells, the antiquity, the laissez faire de les gens, Paris, Dijon... yep even a little bit of THE DREADED Chambon sur Lignon (insert the musical emphasis dah, dahhhh, dahmmmmmm!!), the history, the customs... yep I miss France.

France truly came on my mind more so today. I was fortunate to be accompanied by two very wonderful people to a French restaurant south of us in posh-Sarasota! My dear friend Amy along with her baby guy Jack-Jack (who gave me the cutest smile to which I saved it in my heart to help warm it - these late nights of blahs) told me about this place and asked me if I wanted to go (long, choppy sentence sorry). Well since I had been missing it - I couldn't get it outta my mind (or salivary glands)... so away we went. 1 word... YUM! And the company c'était formidable!!

But now the yearn pour l'échapper belle - the great escape... to see France with my girls has come. To show them where I lived. To show them things I learned. To show them how their mommy became changed - stronger, sure of herself, independent, versed in another whole belle language. To show them how she learned to love a country-so she can share it with them - even though she DID NOT set out to do so.

Maybe this summer... while not being able to be "adventurous" physically... I can be adventurous with my girls and start them learning French. (Maybe it can help me too - because OOH-LA-LA this femme's - well let's just say mon français est très rouillé). I can take a picture walk with them through my MANY albums and photos of the many times I spent all over in lovely France...

Musing of France... sigh...

Bisous bien sur...
PS: Will try to find some photos of the trip I took with Chris one winter and post a few... maybe it will also help to satisfy that j'ai le virus du voyage!!

No comments:

Post a Comment