Wednesday, July 22, 2009

What a day!

The Start~~~
We had such a great morning... I love getting up with my girls and making them breakfast. Well let me clarify... I love to do it when it is not that I am MADE to do it (in other words for school every day). Quite honestly I have not done it as much as I like to this summer - because of not being able to sleep at night. So this morning was a nice time.

Kyky had one of her best friends sleep over. What a doll she is. The three girls were all well behaved and enjoyed a wonderful breakfast (if I do say so myself) of chocolate chip pancakes. You know it is special times when I make these badboys. And... hey... WAIT A MINUTE... I didn't get to eat any!!! hahaha oh well! Next time!!
After their friend left, our girls did a great job just reading and playing. I heard some real active "pretending" and I just melted. I truly love that. I love to watch their imaginations running wild!
The Middle~~~
Kyky had asked if we could go to the beach and since that is just around the corner... and I really needed a day to just unplug... I said SURE! But while they wanted to play a bit longer and I started my ceramics again - so we left after noon. It was actually a nice time to leave. There really was not a lot of people on the beach. I did watch some teenagers and I am telling you right now, if my daughters act like these girls and their nasty behavior, I will NOT be a happy Momma. But I am so proud of these girls and how well they are doing... I AM a happy Momma!!

Me and my girls... enjoying our day together!

The Afternoon~~~

All-in-all we swam, made small sand castles, swam, ate, swam, sunned, swam, snacked, drank, swam, read, swam and even Kyky got a little nappy in! We just had fun playing Marco "POOL-o" (as cutey patootey Boo says). We had fun playing Simon Says. We had fun swimming. We had fun playing Boo's bucket game (don't you all just want to know how to play this game?! Fill a small bucket with 1/4 of sand, throw it and Boo retrieves it!!!), and we all had fun while I tugged them around the water on their boogie boards!!

Smiley girl - ready for some company in the water...

Kyky decides a snooze is in order (complete with sleeping mask!)

Momma enjoying the sun and watching her kiddos!


The Departure~~

The girls were so wonderful about leaving when it was time and we had just a BLAST on the way home! Singing, "Fred" the seagull following us all the way to "5 guys" (wink wink, nudge nudge) and just giggling and laughing. They both donned wonderful hats and looked so darn cute...

Car trip home... the girls singing and being silly made my day!

We ended the evening eating, watching a family movie, and tucking them in for bed... hard to believe another day of summer is gone... but it truly was a superb day - one that will remain in my memory for years to come. I SO enjoyed being with my girls today. And really was able to relax with them! AHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh 'da BEACH was NI-Iiiiiiice!!! So nice!


Musings on memories...

3 comments:

  1. looks like so much fun!!! great pics! we have to go soon. really, put a match under my booty and get me going!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You betcha Amy! We'll go! I do love 'da BEACH! haaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love days like that. What a good mommy you are! I miss you crazy.

    ReplyDelete